Tuesday, June 2, 2015

New blog post.....Here goes.

 
I haven't updated my blog in over a year and a lot has happened since then.  First off, a year has gone past and I am a much better artist than I was a year ago.  I have had some new doors opened and some old doors closed.  I started a class last year called "the documented life" and it was such an eye opener for me and my skills.  It was based on art journaling and writing out your ideas for weekly prompts and drawing techniques.  I was able to incorporate mixed media  and art journaling techniques into my art.  
 
Let's see, what else has happened...The family and I took a vacation to Oregon for visiting the Grandparents.  They were great; both the grandparents and the kids!  They spent their time chasing grandma's chickens, playing with bugs, running in the grass and catching snakes! yep! catching snakes! They are so much like their dad in many ways.  He spent his childhood doing the same things. We went to downtown Portland and it was awesome! Just let me say...Portland is a pretty cool place! I can feel the creative vibes rolling out of that city.  I fell in love with the graffiti on the buildings, as well as, the local shops selling local hand made gifts. 
I was inspired by Portland. 
 
What else has happened within this year? This summer, I was asked to be an artist in residence at the local coffee shop! how very exciting can one girl be?  This girl can be super super excited that's for sure! I was in the right place at the right time and I am so thankful for the opportunity.  I have to give praise and thanks to the Lord for allowing me these chances.  I hope to honor Him with my talents.  My gifts given to me.
 
So, that brings us up to now....what a great year and I will do my best to keep you posted on my happenings.  Until then, I will be continuing my routine of..."staying up late, doing artwork, listening to headphones and updating my blog" Creativity never sleeps! Why should I!
    


No comments:

Post a Comment